The following are examples of how the bot can report bad edits that you should check:
User [[wikia:User:Shifty user]] page blank [[wikia:Main page]] (-6518) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=519761&oldid=519716
- No explanation needed really, needs a good ol' revert.
Large text removal
User [[wikia:User:Foobar]] Large removal [[wikia:Main Page]] (-31501) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=12345&oldid=12344
- This is where a user or IP has removed a large amount of characters of a page, and may indicate section blanking or replacing a large amount of the page with undesired or offensive information.
Large text additions
Whitelist [[simple:User:Random user]] Large edit [[wikia:User talk:Random user]] (+238) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=2224950&oldid=2224901
User [[wikia:User:Foo]] Copyvio? [[wikia:Giant enemy crab]] (+2862) URL: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?oldid=13287&rcid=12673
User [[wikia:User:Foo]] Possible gibberish? [[wikia:Warrior Skills]] (+15364) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=4592&oldid=4591 "/* Foobar */ "
- This is the opposite of removal, and could be a user or IP that is copy/pasting a lot of random text or adding nonsense to the page that should be checked out.
Watched edit summaries
User [[wikia:User:Charitest]] used edit summary "viagra" [[wikia:Forum:Index]] (+154) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=4754&oldid=4753 "buy cheap viagra"
- This is pretty straightforward, and...in most cases, is usually a sign the edits definitely need attending to.
User [[wikia:User:Foo]] create containing watch word "Forum talk:Index" [[wikia:Forum talk:Index]] (+9) URL: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?oldid=4762&rcid=209 "Created page with 'fasdfasfd'"
User [[wikia:User:Foo]] edited watched page [[wikia:Talk:Main Page]] (+334) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=224364&oldid=224275&rcid=225229 "/* No advertisements */ "
- Watched pages have been marked as such as they're usually potential targets for trouble (such as page move vandalism, blanking, or spam)
- There are a few types of lists you can assign users to define them as trusted or untrusted.
- Admin [[wikia:User:Sannse]] Large edit [[wikia:Random Wiki]] (+1790) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=654141&oldid=654140
- Blacklist! [[wikia:User:Vandalspam]] edited [[wikia:Foo Wiki]] (+1) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=41807&oldid=38125
- Someone on the blacklist has either been blocked on a Wikia wiki before, or has been manually added to the list because edits from that account or IP have been previously identified as spam or vandalism.
- Whitelist [[wikia:User:Well known wikian]] edited watched page [[wikia:User talk:Sannse]] (+94) Diff: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?diff=41811&oldid=11989
- Someone on the whitelist is considered trusted. Channel operators may occasionally whitelist a well known user that often shows up on the feed, but whose edits are always considered "good".
- Greylist [[wikia:User:Wikian]] Tiny create [[wikia:User blog:Wikian]] (+0) URL: http://foo.fandom.com/index.php?oldid=19363&rcid=15477 "Created article for blog listing"
- A greylist happens automatically, for various reasons. A user could have triggered the exact same type of certain action several times, along with other factors that aren't really public to anyone but the bot owner. Greylisted edits should always be checked.
Guidelines for list management commands
These guidelines apply to those who are voiced in #cvn-wikia, as they are able to edit the various lists on WikiaRC. If you have any questions, please ask a VSTF member.
- Whitelist, greylist and blacklist (wl, gl and bl): feel free to edit. Since you are mainly the ones watching CVN, it makes sense that you can highlight or make users less prominent in the log.
- Bot (bot): Usually you will bot actual bot accounts, please don't bot someone who is vandalising, don't bot someone who is flooding the CVN with a bunch of edits within a minute (e.g. renaming achievement badges should not be botted - they don't do it often). If it is not a bot, please set a duration (with a maximum duration of a month)
- Admin (al): You can update this list if you are sure they are a global rights user who has left/retired, or joined.
- Bad names, titles, edit summaries and the watchlist: feel free to edit. If you're testing a regex, please place a duration so that even if you forget that regex, it will expire.
Rappybot is a CVN relay bot that sits in
#wikia-vstf and relays information to available VSTF members. See here for a list of commands.
Here is a brief explanation of the bot's keywords when reporting spam in #wikia-spam:
- XRM: IP creates a page where the title is very similar to the summary.
- URL: User created new page with a URL similar to their username.
- THR: User with editcount lower than 3 posted a link on their own wall.
- COI: User created a wiki whose name or URL is similar to their username.
- WUR: User inserted a URL on a new wiki in less than 1 hour after creation.
- ANS: Wikianswers spam - User A creates a question, User B creates the talk page with links, both users are spammers.
- DUR: Same as URL but for Discussions.
- FLT: User matched a title, summary, content or URL blacklist.
Here is the full explanation:
XRM | 18.104.22.168 | https://community.fandom.com/?oldid=312312312321
- XRM hits when an IP creates a new page where the title is equal to the summary they've entered. This is a very common type of spam.
URL (88%) | Rappy 4187 | https://community.fandom.com/?oldid=312312312321 | rappy4187.com
DUR (88%) | Rappy 4187 | https://community.fandom.com/d/p/3267505699160070043 | rappy4187.com
- URL hits when a user creates a new page and inserted a link that is similar to their username. DUR is the same as URL, but for Discussions.
THR | Rappy 4187 | https://community.fandom.com/?oldid=312312312321 | rappy4187.com
- THR hits when a user under 3 edits added a new link on their own message wall.
COI (88%) | Rappy 4187 | https://rappy4187.fandom.com/ COI (88%) | Rappy 4187 | https://hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.fandom.com/ | Rappy 4187 Wiki
- COI hits when a user created a wiki, where the title OR URL is similar to their username.
WUR | Rappy 4187 | https://rappy4187.fandom.com/?oldid=312312312321/
- WUR hits when a new link has been inserted on a brand new wiki within an hour.
ANS | Rappy 4187 | Rappy 4188 |https://answers.fandom.com/?oldid=312312312321/
- ANS hits when someone creates a normal question, and another user creates the talk page and adds links to them. Both of these users are spammers.
FLT | Rappy 4187 | https://community.fandom.com/?oldid=312312312321 | rappy (content, #234) | rappy (summary, #235) | rappy (title, #236)
- FLT relies on the thousand of filters the bot has in his memory to check various composants when editing, commonly a the bot will check if a new page matches an URL filter, summary, title or content filter.
All commands are for voiced users only.
Note: Please refer to this document if creating regex filters.
You need to convert these:
\b= A space
\s= A space
|!check index||-||Checks a FLT filter by passing the filter number||!check 444|
|!test text||-||Checks if the text entered matches any FLT filter.||!test watch full movie today|
|!add target text||title, summary, content, hitwords||Adds a FLT filter. Use with caution! Can be text-only or include case insensitive regex||!add watch.*online|
|!wl target user||add, rmv, check||Adds or removes a user to the whitelist. Can also check if a user is on the whitelist.||!wl add Rappy 4187|
|!rmv index||-||VSTF ONLY - Removes a FLT filter||!rmv 444|